The attention of BEDC Electricity Plc (BEDC) has been drawn to a report in the Punch newspaper of today April 30, 2020, page 5, with the headline Electrocution: Police detain BEDC manager in Delta. Find below the facts of the matter:
(1) It is true there was an incident of electrocution along Police station road Abraka, Delta state on Monday, April 27th 2020;
(2) preliminary investigation carried out reveal that it was case of an illegal re connection of circuit in a four terminal LT pole that resulted into the electrocution of the victim;
(3) The victim was not a BEDC staff but a road side technician who did not obtain clearance/permission before embarking on the illegal re connection;
(4) The service Manager, Joshua U. Idogho went to report the incident at the Abraka Police station on Monday was detained for questioning and later released same day.
(5) The corpse of the victim had been reportedly deposited at the mortuary of the Abraka general hospital.
This clarification becomes necessary as readers might have the impression that the victim was BEDC staff.
Signed by the Management